Living away from the family demands you to commute often and that increases the probability of you encountering, or even involve in a road incident.
That's a fact, at least to me.
Let's make a little travel down the road to the year of 2010.
1. Driving alone at LPT 4 o'clock in the morning. Almost hit a cow who happens to lepak2 ambik angin atas hiway di pagi bute.
2. Had a friend involved in an accident while carpooling, at LPT, most probably due to the driver's negligence (mengantuk + penat + driving). One of the carpooled member died instantly after hitting a moving treler.
3. A collegue who involves in an accident, at LPT, hitting a divider and lost his son.
4. At LPT, 4 o'clock in the morning, and encounter with 3 cars at 3 locations, facing the opposite direction of the road, most probably due to accidentally skid when losing control at turns.
5. Inspira vs Lancer at LPT. Tragic. The baby lost both of the parents.
6. 3 proton saga iswara. Front collision. Remuk separuh kerete. All 3. At LPT. Just this evening.
At least these are what I can recall.
Ok I agree ini adelah takdir and ajal maut di tangan tuhan. But I believe we can can control our action, we can choose to behave on the road, we can at least think on possible consequences of our action and at least think that we just want to arrive safely.
Let's just put aside God's business and just weigh on options and decisions that we, human, can control.
I strongly believe that we can actually make the surrounding safer by making a right decision.
Most people, and that includes me, having this different attitude on the road, easily panas and just rage - angry and simply want to let it out. Making decisions without thinking - ikot kepale, org kate. Ikot sangat baran.
But seriously. We are talking about moving machines at 100+ km/hr travelling in the same path heading to the same direction. LOTS can happen, due to ANYTHING.
Let's talk about speed, since most (I believe) incidents happen are due to speed.
U drive at 240 km/hr on the right lane and u have maintained the speed for about 10 minutes. There are cars travelling on both lanes, when suddenly there is another car driving in the right lane with halaju kebangsaan 110 km/hr. You just so laju that the car in front of you can't even make it to move to the left lane due to insufficient allowance for it to sneak in between the moving cars, safely. Then you bumped into the car, gedebang gedebung and who's to blame?
You driving at 240 or the driver who's driving 110 at the right lane?
Sincerely, I believe both are having their own shares in this incident.
Kenape kau gile sangat bawak macam pelesit time kerete tengah banyak on the hiway and kenape kau sengal sangat bawak 110 and duduk dekat lane kanan.
Better take control of our action and toksah nak fikir ape yang orang lain PATUT buat - see, u don't have any control on that but u CAN control your action.
So let's just make the best decision that'll benefit ourselves, and indirectly the others.
It's simple I believe.
Mengantuk berhenti lah.
Rase nak laju berpade2 lah.
Rase bosan drive sorang2 nak borak on the fon pakailah headset or on speakerfon.
Really is simple. Tak susah mane pon. Just make the RIGHT decision. That's all.
It just may save our lives. We don't know but kite kan ade HAK untuk berusaha. Then let the rest to Him to decide.
I just want to arrive safely. BiG please.